The team at Haw Creek Commons is excited to announce that we are building a Natural Outdoor Playscape in the woods between Haw Creek Commons and Haw Creek Elementary.
This will provide a curated space for kids to more imaginatively, safely, and spiritually connect with nature and to improve the ecological health of the forest by delineating trails and play spaces. It will include fort building areas, natural balance beams and sandbox, several low climbing/swinging platforms, an outdoor kids chapel/meditation space, tunnels, slides and more!
We would like to invite you and your family/friends to participate in community workdays to make this dream a reality. We have two workdays planned.
- Saturday, January 28 from 1:00-5:00pm
- Saturday, February 4 from 1:00-5:00pm
Where: Haw Creek Commons at 311 Old Haw Creek Road, Asheville 28805
Work will include but not be limited to:
- Clearing brush, debris, and branches
- Stacking/organizing branches for building material
- Digging holes for various features
- Setting log seats
- Moving mulch and limbs to make and border pathways
- Weaving arbors from woody material
- Setting up cattle panel tunnels (to be planted with hops in the future)
- Painting Nature Art Tables (kids project)
Please RSVP so we can properly plan work, and let us know which date/s you will be able to come. It is absolutely fine if you cannot attend the entire day. We would love for you to be here however long you can. Children are welcome if accompanied by an adult. Please indicate how many adults and children plan to come. email@example.com
Please wear closed-toed shoes and gloves (if desired) as well as appropriate clothing for the weather that you don’t mind getting dirty. Snacks and water will be provided.
If there are any builders (you or someone you know) who are willing to donate time, please let us know. The project manager, Jarad Barkeim, would be happy for your help at another date.
Thank you and hope to see you Saturday!